Do you feel inspired by Himmelfab’s art exhibit and want to create your own masterpiece? Is the stress of the semester getting the best of you and you’d like a fun way to enjoy your lunch hour?
Come to the Art Therapy session on Friday, April 27 from 12:00-1:00 in the library’s first floor alcove and do both! The GW Art Therapy Center will lead you through a fun silk painting session. This forgiving medium is prefect for creating abstract designs so don’t worry if you don’t consider yourself artistic!
The event is free but space is limited so be sure to sign up today!
Himmelfarb Library provides access to the latest clinical information via sources such as DynaMed Plus, ClinicalKey, and Lexicomp which complement our extensive journal collection. To enhance learning, users can also take advantage of multimedia content designed to help clinicians, residents and students master skills and test knowledge. Himmelfarb Library’s online subscription to the New England Journal of Medicine includes access to:
- Videos in Clinical Medicine: peer-reviewed presentations which offer expert guidance on performing essential clinical procedures
- Quick Take Videos: animated video summaries of the key takeaways from NEJM’s major research articles
- Interactive Medical Cases: simulated cases designed to test learners on their knowledge of challenging and clinically relevant topics
- NEJM Resident 360: website and discussion platform which offers key knowledge and advice to prepare medical residents for each rotation and their career after residency.
Download the DynaMed Plus app to your phone to have up-to-the-minute access to clinical and drug information.
DynaMed Plus is available as an app as well as online, featuring both desktop and mobile-optimized interfaces.
To download the DynaMed Plus app:
- Access DynaMed Plus then select the link Get the DynaMed Plus Mobile app and enter your email address
- Download the DynaMed Plus app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Open the email on your phone/device, then click on the authentication key in the email to install the information in DynaMed Plus.
DynaMed Plus’ clinical library gives you access to:
- Overviews and Recommendations – concise, accurate overviews for the most common conditions as well as evidence-based recommendations for action.
- Daily Updates – New evidence is added to DynaMed Plus multiple times each day, ensuring you always have the most current information.
- Specialty Content – robust coverage of specialty content including critical care, infectious disease, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine.
- Micromedex® Clinical Knowledge Suite drug content includes medication management and lab recommendations, including IV screening, medication advisory screening and summary drug information.
- Graphics and Images comprise more than 4,700 medical graphics and images with over 1000 images from the American College of Physicians.
If you have any questions about DynaMed Plus or the app installation, please contact Laura Abate (email@example.com).
It’s time to renew (or install) your Lexicomp app!
Lexicomp is a comprehensive clinical drug information app including Lexi-Drugs, a drug interaction tool, and an extensive library of clinical calculators. Lexicomp is available both via web access and as an app that you can install on your phone, iPad or other handheld device.
The Lexicomp app is free and Himmelfarb Library’s subscription allows you to install Lexicomp‘s high-quality drug information to your phone, iPad or other handheld device.
Lexicomp App Renewals
- Access Lexicomp and click on the link on the right-hand menu for ‘Mobile App Access.’
- Select your platform (e.g. iOS or Android) and new or existing account, then make a note of the authorization code provided.
- Access http://www.lexi.com/account/code and login with your Lexicomp login/password.
- In the Subscriptions section, locate Add a Subscription by Code and enter the authorization code.
- On your phone/iPad/handheld, open the Lexicomp app and select ‘Update’.
Lexicomp New Users
- Access Lexi-Comp and select the right-hand menu for Mobile App Access.
- Select the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad platform and that you are a new customer; copy the authorization code displayed in red. You can copy directly from your iPad by holding your finger on the code and selecting copy from the pop-up menu.
- Create a personal Lexicomp account then login to your Lexicomp account.
- Under Add a Subscription by Code, paste or type the Lexicomp authorization code. To paste, hold your finger in the desired location and choose Paste from the pop-up menu.
- On your iPad, open Lexicomp and login with your Lexicomp login/password; Lexicomp content will automatically load to your iPad.
You can find additional clinical apps on Himmelfarb Library’s App Shelf. Please contact Laura Abate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Himmelfarb Library is open for use today, Wednesday, March 21.
Reference librarians are available via email and chat until 5 p.m.; if you need assistance, ask us!