Are you interested in creating healthy sleep habits, learning more about mindfulness, or learning healthy ways to manage stress? Himmelfarb Library has the right books for you!
Do you struggle with getting enough quality sleep? Consider one of these books available in the healthy living collection:
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming your life, one night at a time by Arianna S. Huffington is a New York Times bestseller title that was recently purchased for Himmelfarb’s healthy living collection. This title is available both in print and electronically.
- Wild Nights: How taming sleep created our restless world by Benjamin Reiss explores the history of sleeping styles, sleeping rules, and how to sleep has been transformed throughout history.
If mindfulness or meditation are more your interest, consider one of the following books:
- Learned Mindfulness: Physician engagement and M.D. wellness by Frank J. Ninivaggi is a new addition to Himmelfarb’s collection. This book explores how learned mindfulness can help combat stress and burnout and promote the well-being of physicians.
- Mind Cure: How meditation became medicine by Wakoh S. Hickey, available as an e-book through Himmelfarb, examines the history of the promotion of meditation and yoga for healing, and the implications of mindfulness within medicine.
The holidays can be a stressful time for many people. Learn healthy ways to manage this stress using these books:
- Managing Stress: Principles and strategies for health and well being by Brian L. Seaward, available in Himmelfarb’s healthy living collection, addresses stress management through a variety of coping skills, relaxation techniques, and exploring how stress impacts the mind and body.
- Seeking Serenity: The 10 new rules for health and happiness in the age of anxiety by Amanda Enayati, available in Himmelfarb’s healthy living collection, explores how modern science and spirituality can intersect to provide effective ways to overcome stress.