- Is this drug more effective for individuals with a specific genetic profile?
- Are some people at increased risk of a serious drug reaction from a specific drug?
- How is pharmacogenomic information being used clinically right now?
Pharmacogenomics: Precision Medicine and Drug Response, a new CME review article from the Mayo Clinic Proceedings, explores these issues. This article provides a brief history of pharmacogenomics, information on current clinical applications, and conceptualizes the future of pharmaceogenomics.
This article is available online via ClinicalKey which is part of Himmelfarb Library’s online collection. To read more about genetics, check out these full-text e-books in ClinicalKey
- Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine
- Emery’s Elements of Medical Genetics
- Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics
To explore more genetics topics, check out Dr. Charles Macri’s online Genetics Journal Club!