Do you know the minimum SPF needed to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays? Or how many seconds you should wash your hands to kill germs? The CDC has a new game app that lets you test your knowledge and play at easy, medium, or advanced. Download CDC Health IQ (for free) to play!
In addition to the gameshow-style CDC Health IQ, the CDC offers several apps for healthcare professionals.
- CDC STD Tx Guide 2015 – 2015 information on the identification and treatment of STDs
- CDC Vaccine Schedules – CDC and ACIP-recommended immunization schedules.
- CDC Influenza – CDC’s latest recommendations and influenza activity updates.
- CDC Blast Injury – Content for prehospital and hospital healthcare providers.
- Contraception – Recommendations for the use of specific contraceptive methods by women and men who have certain characteristics or medical conditions.
- WISQARS Mobile – Interactive database that provides customized reports of injury-related data.
- Tickborne Diseases – Quick reference guide on diagnosing and treating tickborne diseases including local prevalence and photos of ticks.