Need to reduce your library fines? Himmelfarb Library will be having a Food for Fines collection drive from Monday, April 6 – Friday, May 15 , 2015. Here is how it works:
- One dollar in current library fines will be removed from your library record for every canned good or non-perishable food item that is donated. Healthy selections are encouraged.
- All items will be donated to Bread for the City, a local non-profit organization serving low-income residents of D.C.
- A maximum of $20.00 in fines will be waived per person.
- Only fines can be removed, not item replacement fees.
- We cannot accept opened packages or items with expired dates.
- You may donate food items even if you don’t have fines. We will not accept monetary donations. For monetary donations, please contact Bread for the City directly.