We will be having a Food for Fines collection drive from Sunday, April 13 – Saturday, April 26. Here are the guidelines:
• One dollar in current library fines will be removed from your library record for every canned good or non-perishable food item that is donated. Healthy selections are encouraged.
• All items will be donated to Bread for the City, a local non-profit organization serving low-income residents of D.C.
• A maximum of $20.00 in fines will be waived per person.
• Only fines can be removed, not item replacement fees.
• We cannot accept opened packages or items with expired dates.
• You may donate food items even if you don’t have fines. We will not accept monetary donations. For monetary donations, please contact Bread for the City directly.