On Monday, October 7th, you’ll have the opportunity to Dance your cares away at Himmelfarb Library‘s ballroom dancing event. While this session is designed for fun and stress relief, dance has also been studied as a therapy. Check out some of the research on dance, and join us next week!
- Bradt, J., Goodill, S. W., & Dileo, C. (2011). Dance/movement therapy for improving psychological and physical outcomes in cancer patients. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews,(10):CD007103. doi(10), CD007103. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007103.pub2; 10.1002/14651858.CD007103.pub2
- Strassel, J. K., Cherkin, D. C., Steuten, L., Sherman, K. J., & Vrijhoef, H. J. (2011). A systematic review of the evidence for the effectiveness of dance therapy. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine,17(3), 50-59.
– EVENT: “Dance your cares away”
– DATE: Monday, October 7, 2013
– TIME: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
– LOCATION: Himmelfarb Library, first floor
– Registration for this free event is limited. Go to http://goo.gl/gQfU5d
The event is sponsored by Healthy Living @ Himmelfarb. The Library will sponsor future events on healthy eating, stress reduction and physical fitness. To view future events go to http://goo.gl/47mkw7